TVEA EXECUTIVE BOARD AND NEA ELECTION TIMELINE
|February 7: ||Announcement of Election. |
|February 21: ||Declaration of Candidacy deadline, due no later than 5:00 pm at the TVEA Office. |
(Postmarked date not accepted).
|Feb. 24 - Mar. 12: ||Candidate campaigning. |
|March 12: ||Rep. Council Agenda providing time for candidates to speak. |
|March 13 - 19: ||Balloting for members only at individual sites. Polls close at 4:00 pm. |
|March 19:||Site leaders submit sealed ballots and voter roster/sign in sheets to the TVEA office between |
7:00 am and 6:00 pm.
|March 19: ||Election Committee counts ballots. All candidates notified by phone of the election results. |
Results posted on Groupwise.
|March 20: ||Site Leaders post election results at site. |
|April 9-11 :||Run-Off Voting *If necessary |
|April 12: ||Site Leaders post run-off election results at site. |
|March 30: |
Last day to contest election results. May 25: Last day to contest run-off election results
Declaration of Candidacy Form
TVEA Declaration of Candidacy Form
NEA Local Declaration of Candidacy Form
Under my leadership, we've saved jobs, protected your rights and fought for you to be treated as a professional. Three years as President has given me the experience to work effectively in the trenches for you and I'm not done yet. Re-elect me so we can continue to push forward.
As a twenty seven year TVUSD teacher I have vast TVEA experience as a site leader, area representative and officer. I have been a very active and productive Vice-President. I will use my leadership an political skills as President to effectively advocate for and organize our K-12 members.
I am proud to serve as your First Vice President and Bargaining Chair. The last few years were not without challenges, but with your trust, I will continue to advocate on your behalf and act on opportunities to make our association an equal partner in educating the students of Temecula.
Thank you for allowing me to serve as Secretary of TVEA for the past 5 years. I would like the opportunity to again serve as Secretary. Thank you for your support. I would appreciate your vote for Secretary of TVEA.
Elementary Area Representative:
My name is Michelle Stevens and I am running for Upper Elementary Area Rep. I have been actively involved in TVEA as a site leader for several years. I will work diligently to ensure that your issues are heard and that we can work together to solve problems. Thank you.
Middle School Area Representative:
I'm Jeanine Wulfenstein and I'm running for Middle School Area Representative of TVEA. I have taught Middle School for 14 years. I believe that it is important for the voices of ALL middle school educators to be heard. Thank you for your support.
July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2016
Duties of the President
1. Act as the chief executive office of the Association and its policy leader;
2. Call and preside at meetings of the Associatin and the Executive Board;
3. Prepare the Agenda for the meetings of the Association;
4. Be familiar with the governance of the Association, CA and NEA;
5. Appoint all Chairpersons and members of committees with the approval of the Executive Board;
6. Suggest policies, plans, and activities for the Association and be held responsible for the progress and work of the Association;
7. Attend meetings of the Service Center Council of which the Association is a part; and
8. Attend other CTA/NEA meetings as directed by the Executive Board.
First Vice President Term:
July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2016
Duties of the Second Vice President:
1. Serve as assistant to the President in all duties of the President;
2. Assume the duties of the President in the absence of the President;
3. Be responsible for the information and distribution of the Association’s calendar of activities; and
4. Serve as coordinator of committee activities at the direction of the President.
July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2016
Duties of the Secretary:
1. Maintain a careful and accurate record of the proceedings of each meeting, regular or special, of the Association and Executive Board;
2. Be responsible for distribution of all notices, agendas, and minutes of meetings to members of the Leadership Council, and to the membership when appropriate;
3. Maintain an accurate roster of the membership of the Association and all committees; and
4. Carry on the correspondence pertaining to the affairs of the Association as directed by the President,
Elementary Area Rep
July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2016
1. Serve on the Executive Board and Leadership Council as voting members;
2. Be responsible for coordinating grievance processing of elementary members;
3. Serve as first contact for teacher issues brought from site leaders at the elementary level; and
4. Represent elementary needs.
NEA LOCAL REPRESENTATIVE
Term: May 1, 2014 - April 30, 2016Duties:
1. Each delegate will attend the NEA Representative Assembly Orientation at the San Bernadino RRC on May 212. Each delegate shall attend all business meetins of the RA.
3. Each delegate is strongly encouraged to attend NEA Budget Committee hearings, Resolutions Committee hearlings, Bylaw Committee hearings, etc.
4. Each delegate shall take into consideration the local chpater and its goals & objectives when voting.
5. Each delegate will be expected to sit with his/her Service Center Council delegation on the RA floor or to inform the appropriate person where he/she will be seated. This is to ensure communication regarding RA business and/or personal emergency information of concern to the delegate, as well as to verify attendance.
6. Each delegate will give a report of the NEA RA Convention at one of the Fall Leadership Council meetings.
7. Delegates will take turns sharing important NEA news at the monthly Leadership Council meetings.
8. It is the responsibility of local NEA delegates to stay on top of NEA news, elections, initiatives, and be a resource to TVEA throughout their 1 year term.