VII. SITE LEADERS
A. Site Leaders shall be elected by and from the membership at each school site. Such elections shall be by open nominations and by secret ballot.
B. The term of a Site Leader shall be one (1) year.
C. Each school site shall be entitled to at least one (1) Leader and shall have one Leader for each (20) certificated staff members.
1. Active Members who are not represented through an individual school faculty group shall be counted as a special faculty group entitled the same representation on the Leadership Council as individual school groups.
2. Elected Service Center Council Representatives shall sit on the Leadership Council as non-voting members;
3. Elected State Council Representatives and/or NEA Delegates shall sit on the Leadership Council as non-voting members.
D. Site Leaders shall:
1. Conduct constant and ongoing liaison between the Executive Board and members of the school site;
2. Serve as the official channel through which written communications and publications can be easily and quickly transmitted between the Association and its members;
3. Represent the views and input of the membership of the school site in votes taken in the Leadership Council and conduct frequent and regular polls of such membership for this purpose; and
4. Perform such additional duties as prescribed by the Executive Board.
E. Vacancies may be filled by properly elected or appointed replacements.
F. A Site Leader shall not conduct an election in which he/she is a candidate.