When you join TVEA you are also joining CTA and NEA. There are many benefits that you receive from joining our Association
- Individual and group representation by leaders and professional staff.
- Promotion of economic and professional benefits
- Exclusive Bargaining Agent in Employer-Employee Relations
- Negotiated salary increases and fringe benefits.
- professional programs: teacher, education, standards, curriculum and instruction, professional rights and responsibilities, human relations, legislation, public relations, salaries, insurance and retirement.
- Protection of employee rights and privileges under District policy and State law, including legal consultation.
- Association Publication - TVEA Advocate
San Gorgonio Service Center
- Enhanced professional staff assistance
- Assistance with contract preparation
- Local training - workshops provided in:
- Grievance Processing
- Contract Preparation
- Professional Growth
- Fringe Benefits
- and more
CTA - State Level
- Legal Services (All job related mattes)
- Legal Services for Non-Employment matters - 1/2 hour free advice and consultation with a GLSP attorney on each different non-employment matter during a CTA fiscal year. Such matters may include, but are not limited to: personal bankruptcy, divorce and child custody, creditor claims, wills and probate, personal injury/property damage, change of name, criminal charges, vehicle code violations, consumer protection, and real estate. Income tax returns or other income tax issues, intellectual property, or immigration issues not included.
- Death and Dismemberment Plan - automatic life insurance plan that increases with each year of continuous CTA membership.
- Voluntary Life and Disability Insurance
- CTA Extended medical and Related Arts Endorsement - For nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, dental hygienists, athletic trainers
- CTA Scholarship Programs
- State consultants and individual representation
- Weight of fthe State Association (300,000+ represented members) on local or individual programs
- CTA Endorsed Special Services Programs: Group Term Life Insurance, Group Disability Insurance, Credit Unions and Auto & Homeowner's Insurance
- CTA special services benefits for members are: discounts on travel and entertainment, new automobile purchasing, extended warranty insurance, national automobile club, and hotel discount programs
- CTA Health Information Programj and Well Baby Program
- CTA Disaster Relief Fund
- CTA Credit Card Program
- CTA Rental Car Program
- State Association Publication - California Educator
NEA - National Level
- Free Complimentary Life Insurance
- Educators Employment Liability (EEL)
- On-the-job Liability Policy ($1,000,000) per member per occurrence limit of liability for losses from or settlement of civil suits arising out of educational employment activities.
- $300,000 per member per occurence for civil rights issues or claims and not to include any other claims.
- $3,000,000 per occurrence aggregate for all claims.
- $35,000 reimbursement of attorney fees and costs to defend employment-related criminal proceedings.
- $1,000 reimbursement per bail bond.
- Protection and promotion of federal income tax benefits and allowances for employees
- Promotion of federal financing of teacher scholarship programs.
- NEA Special Services benefits for members are: Complimentary life insurance plans, NEA book program, car rental program, credit card progam, unified magazine service, tax deferred annuity plan
- DuShane Fund for the advancement of protection of employees' rights nationally
- National recognition for research in education
- Representation in the U.S. Congress for federal aid to education and legislation.
- National publications - NEA Now, NEA Today, NEA Travel Guide