A. Officers of the Association shall be a President, First Vice-President, Second Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
B. Officers shall be and remain currently paid-up members of the TVEA/CTA/NEA as a condition for nomination to and service in their respective positions during their term of office.
C. Officers shall be elected by and from the membership of the Association.
D. Elections shall be by open nominations and by secret ballot according to the adopted Election Procedures.
E. Officers shall be elected for a term of two (2) years, commencing on July 1 of any calendar year.
F. A vacancy shall be deemed to exist in the case of death, resignation, or inability to serve in any of the offices of the Association. In the event a vacancy occurs in the office of the President, the Vice-President shall assume the office. In the event a vacancy occurs in the other offices, a special election may be held to elect successors or the President may appoint an interim officer until the next election cycle with the approval of the Leadership Council.
G. The Leadership Council, by two-thirds (2/3) majority, may remove a member from the Executive Board.
H. The President shall:
1. Be the chief executive officer of the Association and its policy leader;
2. Preside at meetings of the Association, the Leadership Council, and the Executive Board;
3. Prepare the agenda for the meetings of the Association;
4. Be the official spokesperson for the Association;
5. Be familiar with the governance documents of the Association, the CTA, and the NEA;
6. Appoint all Chairpersons, members of committees, and the Bargaining Team with the approval of the Executive Board and confirmed by the Leadership Council;
7. Call meetings of the Association, the Leadership Council, and the Executive Board;
8. Propose the procedures for grievance processing for ratification by the Executive Board and the Representative Council;
9. Suggest policies, plans, and activities for the Association, and be held responsible for the progress and work of the Association;
10. Attend meetings of the Service Center Council of which the Association is a part; and
11. Attend other CTA/NEA meetings as directed by the Executive Board and the Leadership Council.
I. The First Vice President shall:
1. Serve as assistant to the President in all duties of the President;
2. Assume the duties of the President in the absence of the President;
3. Be responsible for the information and distribution of the Association’s calendar of activities; and
4. Serve as coordinator of committee activities at the direction of the President.
J. The Second Vice President shall:
1. Serve as assistant to the President and First Vice President in all duties of the President;
2. Be responsible for the information and distribution of the Association’s calendar of activities; and
3. Serve as coordinator of committee activities at the direction of the President.
K. The Secretary shall:
1. Keep careful and accurate records of the proceedings of each meeting, regular or special, of the Association, the Leadership Council, and the Executive Board;
2. Be responsible for distribution of all notices, agendas, and minutes of meetings to members of the Leadership Council, the Executive Board, and to the membership when appropriate;
3. Keep an accurate roster of the membership of the Association and of all committees;
4. Carry on the correspondence pertaining to the affairs of the Association as directed by the President, and
5. Prepare ballots for all elections.
L. The Treasurer shall:
1. Receive all funds belonging to the Association and shall be responsible for their safekeeping and accounting;
2. Pay out such funds upon orders of the President;
3. Prepare a written financial report for each regular meeting of the Leadership Council and the Executive Board.
4. Be responsible for an annual audit of the books of the Association and distribute a summary of this audit to the Leadership Council and the Executive Board; and
5. Submit membership and financial reports to CTA, NEA, and other agencies as required by law.